Pee-Wee Herman On Broadway: 10 Reasons I’m Pee-Weeing My Pants Over It
Heh heh heh! Mark your calendars, folks, because Pee-wee is hitting the big playhouse! At 57 years old, Paul Reubens, best known to the world as Mr. Pee-wee Herman, is finally exposing himself as the Broadway star he was always meant to be. The well-received “Pee-wee Herman Show,” which has been running onstage in Los Angeles, will be getting a Broadway makeover before hitting the great, white way on October 26 for a six-week run. Ummm … tickets, please! Now! After the jump, 10 reasons I am so there. [New York Times]
- I need the gray suit with the red bow tie and the hot dance moves … stat!
- Cowboy Curtis, Captain Carl, Miss Yvonne, Reba the Mail Lady. Are Laurence Fishburne and Phil Hartman available, perchance?
- Jambi, Chairry, Pterri, Conky, Clockey. ‘Nuff said.
- I miss saying, “Mecca lecca hi, mecca hiney ho!”
- Because I loved “Pee-wee’s Playhouse” so much, I was going to marry it.
- It’s been too long since I connected the dots … la la la!
- I want to scream real loud when I hear the “secret word.”
- I look forward to seeing how big the rubber band ball has gotten over the years. It must be massive by now.
- I hope it’s a musical. Pee-wee has great taste in bands.
- So we can all finally forget about Pee-wee showing his wee-wee in public.