The Stars Who’ve Clocked The Most Time In Rehab
Jonathan Rhys Meyers is on his way to rehab—again!—after getting kicked off a flight for getting wasted and picking a fight with crew members. There are just certain celebs who’ve ended up spending an impressive amount of time in rehab. Check out our graph of some of the worst-behaved stars to see how crazy Jonathan stacks up in terms of stints in treatment centers.
- Jonathan checked into rehab for the first time in 2005. He went back in April 2007 but was arrested in November for drunken charades. He went for a month in February 2009 but was arrested in June of that same year for attacking some bartenders at an airport in Paris. So this will be his third embarrassing drunken airport encounter and his fourth time in rehab. Way to go, dude.
- In August 2007, Amy Winehouse was hospitalized for allegedly overdosing on heroin, ecstasy, cocaine, ketamine and alcohol. Just four months later, after the singer was caught by paparazzi standing outside her house half-naked, her publicist confirmed that she was in treatment again. After still more drug scandals, Amy did at least two stints at treatment centers in 2008 and went back again in 2009. Some think she’s currently on the mend, but that remains to be seen.
- Lindsay Lohan’s wild ways have made her pretty popular with gossip columnists but, in a recent interview, she alleged that she’s only been to rehab three times. She also claimed she’s clean and criticized her old ways. We’ll see, Lilo.
- In 2004, Kelly Osbourne, then 19, checked into drug rehab after she admitted to abusing pain pills. A year later, she was back and in January 2009 she checked in again. Kelly has nothing on Ozzy as far as drug addiction goes and let’s hope she never even gets close. It’s nice to be able to actually understand what she’s saying. [Contact Music]
- Total mess Courtney Love did a very public stint in rehab in 2003 after a nasty altercation with her then-boyfriend. She returned again in 2005 and violated the terms twice, which landed her in stricter and stricter circumstances each time. The singer was eventually placed under house arrest.
- Pete Doherty went to rehab at least twice in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and has been arrested numerous times. I’m going to make a low estimate and say he’s gotten treatment at least six times.