10 Signs It’s Time To Get Over A Breakup And Move On
If I could have all the months — nay, years — back that I spent wallowing over a breakup, I’d have enough time to travel around the world twice, become fluent in French, and cook all the recipes in all the cookbooks on my shelf. And I have a feeling I’m not alone. After all, it’s healthy to grieve over the end of a relationship, but it’s hard to always know when it’s time to move on. After the jump, 10 signs it’s time to get over it.
- He’s gotten engaged (or worse, married!).
- You’ve sent him 10 friend requests on Facebook and he’s ignored them all.
- When you text him how much you miss him and how empty your life is without him, he texts back, “Who is this?”
- You only knew him by his Match.com handle.
- He’s asked you nicely over ten times to please quit blogging about him.
- It’s been two years since you broke up and you were only together for three months anyway.
- “Getting closure” sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday night.
- You have a Google alert on his name.
- Your friends have asked you to quit talking about him.
- This was your fourth breakup with him.