Ever since the Facebook campaign to have Betty White host “Saturday Night Live” worked, new groups keep popping up calling for her to host the Oscars as well as make appearances on “Dancing with the Stars” and “Glee.” Personally, I like the idea of our favorite “Golden Girl” doing battle with Sue Sylvester on “Glee.” But I’d rather not see her on “Dancing with the Stars”—going on that show is basically an admission that you are a washed-up celeb that no one cares about. Plus, I’d hate to see Betty hurt herself while busting some crazy moves.
That said, there are quite a few shows out there that could benefit from a little Betty. After the jump, our wish list.
- Have you ever watched “Talk Sex with Sue Johanson”? It’s this amazing show where an old lady answers callers’ awkward sexual questions so candidly that it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The problem is that the show ended and there are no more new episodes—plus, it’s on Oxygen and I don’t get that channel. If Betty White took over, it could hit the big time.
- When producers were figuring out who could replace Paula Abdul on “American Idol,” why didn’t they think of Betty? Since we’re loving Ellen, we say they just tack Betty on to the end of the judging panel when Simon leaves.
- I’ve only ever been able to watch “Live with Regis and Kelly” for five seconds or less because Kelly Ripa is just so annoying. Betty is a much better fit for Regis because, next to Kelly, he just looks so old.
- Or she could take over for Kathy Griffin. Earlier this year, I watched her cringe-worthy performance hosting the New Year’s Eve special on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Ever since then, I haven’t been able to even look at her. Let’s change “My Life on the D List” to “My Life on the Awesome List” and use Betty.
- “America’s Next Top Model” could use some heart. If women are going to starve themselves then spend 20 hours a day taking pictures only to be ripped apart by judges in front of thousands of viewers—well, I think it’s safe to say the whole situation could use a little levity. How about replacing Tyra Banks’ plastic face with Betty’s nice, human one?
- “The Bad Girls Club” kind of makes me want to barf. There is just too much fighting, fake boobs and glitter for one show. I think someone should get Betty White in there to rule over the house with an iron fist. Wouldn’t that be so much more interesting than watching a bunch of super-skinny girls get dressed up so they can go out and get drunk and fight?
- On “Nanny 911,” British nannies go to troubled households and reform them, whether the kids like it or not. I think the show would benefit from a certain American you-know-who.
- Or wait. “Jersey Shore ” is just too annoying to be on TV any longer. I think we should round up Snooki and all of those other meatheads and make a sequel called “Jersey Boot Camp.” I bet you can guess who the drill sergeant would be. She’d teach them manners and how to behave in society, and punish them for getting in fights rather than reward them.
What would you like to see Betty White do next?