Why Katie Holmes Will Make A Great Jacqueline Kennedy
Post-Joey Potter, everyone thought Katie Holmes would have a long and fruitful career. But then she met Tom Cruise, got married, and had baby Suri. Ever since, she’s taken notably few roles. This week, however, she’s signed on for a big one. She’ll be starring in the History Channel’s 8-part miniseries “The Kennedys” as Jackie Kennedy, opposite Greg Kinnear as JFK. The series, produced by the creator of “24,” will focus on the early years of JFK’s presidency. Even though I secretly wish they’d cast Joshua Jackson as JFK, I am pretty pumped about this. After the jump, the reasons I think Katie could rock this role. [NY Daily News]
- Let’s start with the fact that these two ladies look a whole lot alike: the square faces; the wide-set, almond-shaped eyes. Just get Katie some brown contact lenses, some pearls, and a pair of oversized sunglasses. Wait, she wears those all the time. Perfect.
- They both are wives of extremely powerful dudes. Jackie’s husband was the leader of the free world, while Katie’s, on top of being Mr. Hollywood, has telekinetic powers.
- Both had whirlwind courtships with their famous men, going from meeting to married in less than a year.
- Both are moms to well-dressed little tykes.
- Both are fashion icons, well-acquainted with the paparazzi stalking them and their children. They’re also both used to their husbands being sources of gossip—Jackie dealt with persistent rumors about her husband’s infidelity and Katie with rumors that her husband is gay and/or gave her a marriage contract.
- It’s hard to remember at this point, but Katie is a great actress who can do charismatic and vulnerable in the same breath. Remember her in “Pieces of April” and “Thank You For Not Smoking”? The girl is good.
What do you think—will Katie make a good Jackie? And what about Greg Kinnear as JFK?