Since today is Earth Day and all, now’s the perfect time to think about — and implement — ways you can be better about reducing, reusing, and recycling. We all know you can shop green, but you can also date green. Click through for eight eco-friendly dating tips.
- If you want to wear something new for your rendezvous, borrow something from a friend instead of picking up a throwaway dress at Forever 21.
- Pack a gourmet lunch (ingredients grown locally and packed in reusable containers preferred) and head to the nearest park for a picnic.
- Go on a double date — carpooling saves gas!
- Eat at a restaurant that cares about the environment, whether that means they cook up locally grown, seasonal ingredients, use solar panels for electricity, or set the table with biodegradable products.
- Bike or walk together to your evening activity.
- Playing a game doesn’t require any electricity or generate any waste. We like Banangrams because it’s amazingly fun, can be played a variety of ways, and comes without excess packaging.
- Stroll through a farmer’s market together, and pick up ingredients to make dinner together. Not into cooking? Hit up a flea market instead.
- Don’t go anywhere (and turn off the lights).