Going sans fards is trendy right now, but there are a few fashion ladies who’ve been doing it since long before it was “cool.” T Magazine picked out a few of the coolest makeup-free women in fashion and we wholeheartedly agree with the list. First up — and our favorite — is Kelly Cutrone, PR maven and total badass. Also included were eco-conscious Barneys’ buyer Julie Gilhart, Celine designer Phoebe Philo and a few other natural, hot women. T says Philo pulls off her makeup-free look “by enveloping her face in a cloud of cigarette smoke,” but we’ve got a few suggestions less likely to result in cancer, after the jump. [T Magazine]
- The colors you should wear will, obviously, depend on your skin tone. But take the time to figure out what flatters and what washes you out if you’re not going to wear any makeup.
- Stay hydrated. The haggard look of a person’s skin when they don’t drink enough water can be more or less covered up by makeup. Without it, it becomes really apparent.
- Moisturize! Wear sunscreen!
- Go for shirts that have interesting collars for a sort of opening-up effect. Avoid turtlenecks, though. They make your face aggressively prominent and you’ll immediately look harsher.
- Exfoliate regularly to do away with dead skin cells.
- Make sure your brows and lashes are well-kept and any lingering hints of a ‘stache are under control.