20 More Things To Stop Feeling Guilty About
Last week I wrote a list on 20 things we should stop feeling guilty about. I hadn’t realized just how much there was that we women fret over — readers made so many great suggestions for other things we need to let go of and I thought of quite a few more since last week that it seems a second list is definitely in order. After the jump, 20 more things we need to stop feeling guilty (or just plain bad) about.
- Eating take-out for dinner three days in a row.
- Breaking up with someone you’re just not into anymore even if he is the best guy you’ve ever dated.
- Hiring a cleaning lady.
- Staying indoors on a lovely spring day.
- Getting a free makeover at a department store and only buying a tube of lipstick (just don’t walk out of there empty-handed!).
- Having an “out-of-town conference” when your friend picks a super-expensive restaurant for her birthday dinner.
- Hiding in another aisle when you spot a co-worker at the grocery store you don’t feel like talking to.
- Not liking your friend’s kids very much.
- Ending an engagement because it doesn’t feel right anymore.
- Not having everything you thought you’d have by now.
- Using some of your student loans to take a vacation.
- Eloping because you couldn’t stand the idea of planning a wedding.
- Moving far away from your family.
- Making more money than your parents ever did.
- Complaining about your job when the unemployment rate is so high (nothing wrong with a little venting — just don’t let it consume you).
- Adding a little vanilla to the box mix of pancakes and saying you “made it from scratch.”
- Selling the designer bag on eBay that your mom got you for Christmas and you never use.
- The number of people you’ve slept with.
- Being the bearer of bad news.
- And, yes, eating the ice cream right out of the carton.