Sandra Sez There Is No Sex Tape — Do We Believe Ian Halperin Rumors Anymore?
Sandra Bullock has stayed quiet as a field mouse for weeks. But then a particularly nasty rumor started circulating—that she made some stomach-turning sex tapes with Jesse James—which she just couldn’t let slide. And so this morning, she told People, “There is no sex tape. There never has been one, and there never will be one.” And I gotta say that I believe her, as the alleged details of the vid (after the jump, naturally) are just way too gross. [NY Post]
So where did this rumor come from? From celebrity gossipmonger Ian Halperin, who’s written nine books including Who Killed Kurt Cobain?, Celine Dion: Behind the Fairytale, and Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson. Halperin’s claims about celebrities have always been salacious. And a few have proven correct—he predicted Michael Jackson would die less than a year before he actually did. But lately, his theories have gotten over-the-top. Should we believe this guy any more? After the jump, a selection of his recent tidbits.
- Let’s start with the Sandra sex tape. Halperin claims that Sandra and Jesse James made videos in which Sandra is penetrated in hole number two by a shotgun, has feces smeared on her upper lip, and is surrounded by Nazi paraphernalia. Halperin claims this tape is the reason Sandra has not filed for divorce yet—she is scared Jesse will release it. Yeah, SOOOOOO not buying this one. [Associated Content]
- Halperin is also the dude behind Brangelina: The Untold Story of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, which began the rumors of the couple’s imminent demise. In the book, Halperin claims the two have knock-down, drag-out fights. “I talked to several people in Brad’s family who wished they’d break up today,” he said. “They’re scared for Brad’s safety and his well-being.” He says that the two got together for the sex—”they sometimes spent 18 to 20 hours a day in bed”—but that their breakup has been planned for years. While I’m willing to believe these two aren’t as happy as they’d like the world to believe, it’s hard to imagine Angelina wielding her fists over Brad taking a few puffs of a joint. [NY Post]
- Also on the Angelina Jolie tip, Halperin reported that she had a full-blown affair with Lady Gaga. Supposedly, Angie is obsessed with the Little Monster, and the two recently spent the night at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. And Gaga spent $76K on lingerie to impress Angie. Uh—yeah, right.
- Halperin recently alleged that Cirque du Soleil isn’t nearly as family-friendly as most would believe. According to him, founder Guy Laliberté held big old orgies where he’d bus in prostitutes. Many celebrities attended the supposedly Bacchanalian parties, for example Paul McCartney and Robert De Niro.
- Another doozy, from his biography of Britney Spears: Halperin claims that she tried to kill herself twice, and that he knows the details of both attempts. Yes, Britney went to a dark place for a long time. But I still find this one hard to believe. When would she find the time alone? [Pop Crunch]
What here do you believe? And what sounds like total BS?