10 Reasons We’re Super Excited For Kristen Wiig’s “Bridesmaids”
Kristen Wiig can do no wrong in my eyes. She’s like the new Gilda Radner of “Saturday Night Live” and, finally, her career is starting to expand beyond that. Recently, she’s brought some of her funny to the big screen. And thus, I was so excited to find out that Kristen has co-written a new comedy called “Bridesmaids,” about a group of girls competing to plan their friend’s wedding. I’m laughing already. After the jump, some reasons why I think this may just be the best comedy ever. [NY Post]
- Kristen’s former “SNL” buddy Mya Rudolph has signed on to play the bride. She is also hilarious.
- Ellie Kemper (Erin Hannon from “The Office”) will also star as one of the bridesmaids.
- Just in case the lineup wasn’t cool enough already, the film will be produced by Judd Apatow (“Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” “Knocked Up”) and Paul Feig (“Arrested Development,” “The Office”). These two made magic together before with “Freaks and Geeks.”
- Kristen will join the A-league of female comedians who write their own material. Ahem, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Sarah Silverman.
- Weddings are inherently funny, with ample room for ridiculous humor.
- This is Kristen’s chance to catapult herself to the leading lady status she deserves.
- She deserves to be in a good movie after the let-down that was “Whip It!” Kristen was the only good thing about the flick.
- Katherine Heigl is not funny. And she should never star in another Apatow comedy again.
- We’re expecting “Bridesmaids” to be the female counterpart for “The Hangover.”
- We can’t wait to see what character Kristen will come up with next. Will she be neurotic, or crazy, or a party girl in this film? We can’t wait to find out.