15 Signs It’s Time To Break Up
It can be hard sometimes to know when a relationship is over-over, or when you simply need a bit of a tune-up. Take the guesswork out of the equation with these 15 signs it’s time to break up, after the jump.
- A friend asks if you know anyone to set her up with and you immediately think of your boyfriend.
- You fantasize about the cute guy you see on the train every morning, but you can’t remember the last time you wanted — let alone had — sex with your significant other.
- You get a raise at work and your boyfriend isn’t the first — or second or even third — person you think to tell.
- You hate the way he breathes.
- When you imagine your life in five years, he’s nowhere in the picture.
- He’s been pressing for a threesome and you’re happy to have one … as long as he’s not there.
- He hit you.
- You have a hard time deciding between a vacation with your boyfriend in Costa Rica or a week-long conference in Baltimore with your co-workers.
- He’s obsessed with an ex-girlfriend.
- The only “date” you look forward to with your boyfriend is an “update” on how much longer he’ll be out with the guys and you’ll have the place to yourself.
- You find the stack of dishes in the sink — the ones he promised to do three days ago — more sexually appealing than him.
- You find yourself regularly cruising online dating sites just to “see what else is out there.”
- You let all his calls go to voicemail.
- You’ve already changed your relationship status on Facebook just to “see how it feels.”
- After you won the Oscar for Best Actress, you discovered he’s been cheating on you with a woman who has a forehead tattoo and posed for photos with a swastika armband.