6 Designer Blogs To Check Out
Increasingly, fashion designers are amping up their online and digital presences. The latest to hop on the bandwagon? Roberto Cavalli. The designer has just launched a blog, plus a Facebook page and Twitter account (he went all-out). [RobertoCavalliBlog.com]
Looking to go straight to the source? After the jump, our favorite blogs by fashion designers.
- Vena Cava girls Sophie Buhai and Lisa Mayock use their blog less for self-promotion and more as an artsy space where you’ll find rad photographs and retro videos (like an old runway show from the now defunct cult label, X-Girl). [VivaVenaCava.Blogspot.com]
- Although the Rykiel blog doesn’t appear to be maintained by either Sonia or Nathalie, and it’s in French, you can still browse backstage runway videos, benefit from invites to exclusive Rykiel parities, and get suggestions for events in Paris, NYC, and Tokyo. [Rykielles.com]
- Mobama fave Jason Wu posts newsier stuff like pics of celebs in his outfits or updates about his collection. [TheWStudio.com]
- Chanel’s website has a blog-like section that’s definitely not managed by Karl Lagerfeld (as if!), but it’s a great source for the type of entertaining photos and info you’ll inevitably see explode on the blogs a day later. Of course, you can always imagine Uncle K’s musings at FakeKarl.com, which will probably be way better than anything the Kaiser would ever write himself. [Chanel-News.com]
- One of our favorite handbag designers, Clare Vivier, keeps a great style journal which sometimes documents her DIY projects, or her amazing-looking trips to Europe. [SeeVivier.Blogspot.com]