Who Should Kate Winslet Date Next?
Yesterday, we were sad to hear that our dear Kate Winslet had split from her husband, director Sam Mendes, after six years together. Kate is currently vacationing in Mexico with her two adorable children, but when she gets back, she should probably start thinking about … finding someone new. The obvious choice—Leonardo DiCaprio. The two steamed up the screen in both “Titanic” and “Revolutionary Road,” which was ultra awkies since Mendes was directing their love scenes. It’s always seemed like these two have a special bond, not to mention they look pretty great together. If only Leo would break up with Bar Rafaeli!
Just in case Leo isn’t on the market anytime soon, here are some other ideas for who she should date next.
- A Best Actress deserves a Best Actor. Hence, Jeremy Renner would be the perfect pick. He’s adorable and a hot commodity after his Oscar win for “The Hurt Locker.” Plus, his California vibe could balance out her Britishness. So he’s supposedly gay. Whatevs.
- Jake Gyllenhaal, since he’s straight off his breakup with Reese Witherspoon.
- Jennifer Aniston! Just sayin’.
- We all know that George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis have an expiration date, as he’s one of the best actors in the world while she’s doing guest starring spots on “Leverage.” When they’re done, Kate should swoop in.
- Since Kate is so dazzlingly perfect, we want to see her do something a little filthy and unexpected. Perhaps Pete Doherty?
- Idris Elba of “The Wire” is mega-hot and ultra talented. Plus, he’s a Brit. Perfect for Kate.
- Ryan Gosling. Just because.
- Now, we think Kate deserves far, far better than a dude who’d cheat on his cancer-stricken wife. But John Edwards is hot and available. Maybe just a quick fling?
- Or she could take a page from Victoria Beckham’s book, and pick a stunning sportsman. We’d recommend Nacho Figueras. Hey, he is the David Beckham of polo.
Who’s your pick for Kate?