Today’s Lady News: The World’s First Gender-Less Person
- A British expat has been acknowledged as the world’s first “gender-less” person — on paper, at least. Norrie May-Welby, 48, of Australia, was born a man but had a sex change operation at age 28. These days May-Welby prefers to be called a “neuter” and the British birth certificate does not officially acknowledge a gender. “The concepts of man or woman don’t fit me,” May-Welby said. “The simplest solution is not to have any sex identification.” [Telegraph UK]
- Anti-abortion protesters have arrived at spring break in West Palm Beach, Florida. Personhood FL Spring Break Tour 2010 has parked two “truth trucks,” showing photographs of aborted fetuses, in Port St. Lucie today. It is still headed to Tampa, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and other cities. [TCpalm.com]
- Officials in Wake County, North Carolina, voted to reinstate insurance coverage for abortion for country employees. The board ruled that the county manager did not have the power to unilaterally drop insurance coverage for abortion when he did so last month. [NCNN]
- A new study says that women are about twice as likely as men to die within a month of a heart attack, possibly because many of them don’t have an angiography, in which dye is injected into the veins to show blockages. The study, conducted by French researchers, said women should be receiving the same treatment that men do after heart attacks. [Reuters]
- Haitian women living in camps after the country’s massive earthquake say they live in fear of sexual assault or violence from men. The camps are increasing security and providing solar-powered flashlights for women. [CNN]
- Artificial insemination is already illegal in Turkey, but the country recently passed a law making it illegal to cross the country’s borders for a sperm donor. A Turkish women’s rights activist said the law is a misinterpretation of how to best protect inheritances. [BBC]
- The Sun newspaper claims to have busted a 14-year-old British girl who lied about her age and was working at a strip club while telling her mother she was at a sleepover. [Telegraph UK]
- Police in Melbourne, Australia, say a disabled woman was tied to a park bench and allegedly sexually assaulted. Both her walker and her wheelchair were found on the premises. [Sydney Morning Herald]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.