Sometimes a girl just gets sick and tired of all the cutesy little words and phrases that exist to describe women. I mean, cougar? Puma? Cheetah? Who can keep them all straight?
Oh, but one lucky day I’ll be called a M.I.L.F., or even “a woman of a certain age.” Can you tell that I just can’t wait?
We at The Frisky put our pretty little heads together and made a list of 17 words and phrases about women and girls that we’re just sick and tired of hearing. Won’t you let us know which ones you’re done with, too?
- A dog
- Drama queen
- Mean girls (What, boys are never mean?!?)
- “A woman of a certain age”
- “He cried like a little girl!”
- “On the rag”
- ” … like a girl” (as in “She throws like a girl”)
- ” … for a girl” (as in “She’s good at Tomb Raider, for a girl”)
- “Piece of ass“
- “Being a pussy”
- Tramp stamp
- Chick lit or chick flick when applied to any and every book by or movie starring a woman
- Cougar, cheetah and puma