Whenever stars are in the mood for mischief, they head to the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, to the Mercer in New York, or to the Standard in Miami. These hotels are all owned by one man—Andre Balazs. And interestingly, he is currently developing a fictional TV show about the goings-on at a hotel where the rich and famous regularly lay their heads. Alek Keshishian, the man behind Madonna‘s “Truth or Dare,” is producing the series, so we know it will be scandal-tastic. But can we be sure the plot lines from the show happened in real life? “Andre is always discreet, so we would never know if any of the story lines are based on real events,” a source told the NY Post. “But it will be fun watching the show and trying to guess.”
After the jump, some Chateau Marmont/Mercer/Standard rumors that we hope will make it onto the small screen.
- A young starlet with pouty lips is caught having sex in an elevator with an older, not-nearly-as-hot actor after the Oscars. It’s an incident that Benicio del Toro and Scarlett Johansson have been denying since 2005.
- An Oscar-winning actor throws a phone at a concierge and is arrested on the spot. Like Russell Crowe did at the Mercer Hotel in 2005.
- A famous actress staying at the hotel plasters her entire suite with photos of her estranged husband. Vivien Leigh supposedly did just that when she and Laurence Olivier separated.
- The members of a mega band ride their motorcycles through the lobby, like Led Zeppelin famously did at the Chateau Marmont.
- A 19-year-old star takes up residence in the hotel for a full year, becoming a paparazzi obsession as she gets in two car wrecks, goes to rehab, gets busted for cocaine possession, and goes lesbian. Just like Lindsay Lohan, who lived at the Chateau Marmont from 2005 to 2006.
- At the hotel nightclub, a famous TV actor head-butts a fashion designer for pushing an aging teen star. Hey, it happened at the Mercer last May when Kiefer Sutherland thought designer Jack McCollough pushed Brooke Shields.
- A film producer/director goes crazy and locks himself in the hotel attic, not leaving for years and using binoculars to spy on women in the hotel pool, à la Howard Hughes at the Chateau Marmont.
- A pop star in the middle of a major breakdown is asked to leave the hotel when guests won’t stop complaining about her “weird” behavior. Just like Britney Spears supposedly was in 2007.