Holla! The Oscars are this Sunday! I get a little bit giddy each year imaging who will win, who will have the most ridiculous acceptance speech, and who will offend us all with their poor choice of attire. This year, we should expect more fun than ever before with hosts Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. Oooh! Banjo duet? While there’s no confirmation about the use of banjos, there will be music. The producers are spicing up the 82nd Annual Academy Awards with a DJ set by Joel Madden. OK, not sure I get it, but I’m totally willing to go along with it. After the jump, ten more reasons why we’re super excited for the Oscars this year. [Much Music]
- It might actually be funny this year. Besides hosts Alec and Steve, there is a solid lineup of comedic presenters. I’m expecting more than a monotone teleprompter reading from Tina Fey, Steve Carell, and Sacha Baron Cohen. [People]
- The question on everyone’s mind will finally be answered: How will Mo’Nique glam up those hairy gams?
- We literally can’t wait for Kathryn Bigelow to snatch away James Cameron’s opportunity to say “I’m the king of the world—again!”
- To see Jack Nicholson in the front row with dark sunglasses … again, natch.
- “Queer Eye For The Straight Guy”‘s Carson Kressley is hosting a new show called “Behind the Dress,” which is kind of like “Project Runway.” The designer’s first challenge is to design an Oscar look. The winner will be announced live on the red carpet. Ummm, who cares about the dress—Carson’s back! [Oscar Go]
- To see Sandra Bullock stand up to receive her Oscar (even though she “doesn’t think she’ll win“), only to hear Gibourey Sidibe’s name called instead. And to see if Gibourey actually nabbed Justin Timberlake as her date.
- To see if Lilo tries to crash The Oscars wearing a hood.
- It should be interesting to watch horror film king Richard Corman, of “Toxic Avenger” fame, give an acceptance speech for his lifetime achievement award.
- Who will be the unlucky soul who forgets to thank their husband or wife? We shudder to think. Just please, enough with the horny acceptance speeches.
- We hope this will be the year that people finally get over the Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt/Jennifer Aniston triangle. Please set us free!
Why are you excited to watch?