How To Rock The Army Jacket Spring Trend
Funny thing about fashion shows: we spend all our time obsessing over what’s coming down the runway for next season. And by the time that season rolls around, we’ve almost forgotten about all our past obsessions because all of a sudden it’s Fashion Week, distracting us all over again. To return to the present, we looked into the past and remembered how much we were into Rag & Bone’s spring 2010 collection. Specifically, the army jacket, which we’ve been seeing more and more of on the streets and in stores. Traditionally a super manly and shapeless garment, we’ve figured out a way to style it that will become our go-to look for spring. Our suggestions for how to soften the look, after the jump.
- To make the look feminine, rock a high ballerina bun. If you don’t have long enough hair, go for a sleek style (any bed head hair situation risks making you look like a dirty slob).
- For the army/camo jacket, get something slightly tailored. Look for cinching tie details at the sleeves or waist. Or, if you go the baggy, worn-in vintage route, try tossing on a skinny belt over the coat. [$110, Topshop Mini Parka, Topshop]
- Add a punch of color with a bold pink or fuchsia lip.
- Add oxford heels for a sexy-yet-functional-looking detail. [$91.90, Seychelles, Endless]
- Go for super skinny or cigarette-cut jeans to lengthen your legs and emphasize your ballerina bun. [$159, J Brand Jeans, Shopbop]