Today’s Lady News: Poll Does Not Look Promising For Palin Presidency
- According to a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll, 55 percent of people view former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin in an unfavorable light and 71 percent do not think she is fit to run for the presidency. Recently, Palin said she “won’t close the door” on running for president. [New York Daily News]
- Wow, people get very upset when you try to kick a man out of office for beating his girlfriend. A closed-door meeting of the New York State Senate apparently got crazy recently as pols discussed expelling Sen. Hiram Monserrate from the Senate after he was convicted of assault. Sen. Kevin Parker, who opposed Monserrate’s expulsion, allegedly “charged” towards Sen. Diane Savino, called Savino a “bitch” and yelled “F*** you!” Later, Parker said he apologized to Savino and added, “Everyone’s talking about civility in Albany being dead, but I’m keeping chivalry very much alive.” Ha. Funny. These are our elected officials, folks! [New York Daily News]
- New Hampshire’s House of Representatives is considering a fetal personhood bill, which would classify the death of a fetus as murder, such as in the case of negligent homicide. Pro-choice activists are wary of the bill and say it’s a strategy to undermine abortion rights. [WCAX]
- Ana Marie Cox, the former editor of the snarky politics blog Wonkette and a former editor for Time.com, has been hired as GQ’s Washington correspondent. [Politico]
- A commission formed in Ohio to study the trafficking of human beings found that 1,000 American-born children are forced into the sex trade each year in the state and 800 immigrants are forced into either the sex trade or labor. Police said Ohio’s proximity to Canada, specifically the international airport in Toronto, was partly to blame for such depressing numbers. [Washington Post]
- Oh, hi, security guards? When there’s a girl fight, you’re supposed to step in and break it up, not stand there and do nothing. [Daily Mail UK]
- The Washington Post published a weird piece about how Snowblower Guy — i.e., a (male, of course) neighbor with a snowblower — is a “hero.” Slow news day? [Washington Post]
- Two former employees of Blackwater, a private security firm which is frequently hired by the U.S. government in places like Iraq, filed a lawsuit alleging that Blackwater employees in Afghanistan hired and paid a Filipino prostitute under the “Morale Welfare Recreation” category in the payroll and billed the U.S. a monthly salary for her. [New York Times]
- Recent figures say the marriage rate in England is the lowest it’s ever been since the 1860s. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.