Today’s Lady News: Sarah Palin “Won’t Close The Door” On Running For President
- Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin told “Fox News Sunday” that a future presidential run could be in the cards. “It would be absurd to not consider what it is that I can potentially do to help our country,” Palin said. “I won’t close the door that perhaps could be open for me in the future.” But Palin also admitted that many other men and women might be better placed to run for the nation’s highest office: “If [other candidates are] in a better position than I in three years, I’ll support them.” [birth control pills. The women say “Yaz” has caused strokes and heart attacks. [Fox59]
- Wannabe strippers are “lining up” to apply for permits to work in Atlanta strip clubs, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Not surprisingly, the economy seems to be at fault. [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
- Attorneys for Scott Roeder, the man convicted of first-degree murder in the death of abortion provider Dr. George Tiller, have asked for a new trial or an order of acquittal. Attorneys say the judge should have allowed jurors to consider the lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter for Roeder. [Washington Post]
- Candy Crowley, 61, who was recently tapped to host CNN’s “Face The Nation,” has spoken out about how a woman of her age is an unlikely pick to host prime-time TV. “I readily admit I’m not the most obvious pick, from a purely cosmetic point of view,” Crowley admitted. “I’m not going to argue that when you turn on the TV, you basically get young, blonde, thin women. This is changing.” Crowley speculates she may have been offered the job because she lost weight. “Would I have gotten the job without having lost the weight? I don’t know. That’s an X factor,” Crowley said. [TV Newser]
- Illinois Lieutenant Governor Scott Lee Cohen has been accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend, Amanda Eneman. According to a 2005 police report, Cohen allegedly pushed Eneman against a wall and held a knife to her neck. The charges were dropped when Eneman failed to show up to a court hearing. Cohen has denied the incident, but stepped aside from his role and asked the Illinois Democratic Party to pick a replacement. [Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Washington Post examines movies about brides and what they say about women. [Washington Post]
- Brazil is in an uproar after a 7-year-old girl was chosen to be the “samba queen” for Rio de Janeiro’s 2010 carnival. Critics say it is inappropriate for such a young girl to be “samba queen” because she dances the samba in a skimpy outfit during the parade. Typically the samba queen is a model or a soap opera star. [Guardian UK]
- Laura Chinchilla won Costa Rica’s presidential election yesterday, making her the country’s first female president. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Look, an annoying new category for women! Swofties, who can apparently be found in Britain, are “Single Women Over Fifty Who Like Clubbing, Tweeting and Exotic Holidays.” [Times of London]
- Fifty clergy have warned the Church of England that ordaining women as bishops would be “a mistake.” [BBC]
- The U.K. has nominated their first female poet laureate, Carol Ann Duffy. [Times of London]
- Leila Ghannam, a former Palestinian intelligence officer, has become the first woman appointed to govern Ramallah. [Times of London]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.