Today’s Lady News: Jury Reaches Guilty Verdict For George Tiller’s Murderer
- It only took 37 minutes for jurors in Wichita, Kansas, to convict Scott Roeder with first-degree murder in the death of Dr. George Tiller, an abortion provider who Roeder shot to death on May 31. Earlier this week, Roeder had taken the witness stand in his own defense and told jurors, “I did what I thought was needed to be done to protect the children. I shot him. If I didn’t do it, the babies were going to die the next day.” After the verdict, lawyers for the Tiller family issued a statement thanking the legal system and calling the verdict “just.” [New York Times]
- In an interview with NPR, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said working with “moderate” Taliban will help bring women’s rights to Afghanistan. “We’re not going to talk to the really bad guys because the really bad guys are not ever going to renounce Al-Qaeda and renounce violence and agree to re-enter society,”Clinton said. OK, great but how can one be “moderate” in the Taliban? [AFP]
- By a reporter’s count, hundreds of people packed into a hearing regarding proposed legislation in Washington State to require that so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” make clear to all women that they “do not provide prenatal care, comprehensive birth control services, abortions or referrals for abortions.” Oftentimes “crisis pregnancy centers” spring up near clinics that provide abortions and present themselves as if they are also medical facilities. [Seattle Times]
- It turns out a woman’s race and body-mass index (BMI) are factors in whether or not she breast feeds her kid. [Baltimore Sun]
- An Oxford University study of four small villages has found that providing free sanitary napkins will help cut absenteeism for school girls in Ghana. Most girls in Ghana use cloth rags when they have their periods and will stay home if there aren’t clean ones to use. [BBC]
- Three young men in Britain — two 19-year-olds and a 20-year-old — have been sent to juvey after gang raping a drunk 16-year-old girl and photographing the attack on a mobile phone. Two other young men, ages 17 and 21, were sentenced in October for the same attack. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.