Today’s Lady News: David Letterman Offends Transgender Community
- Some folks are upset that David Letterman poked fun of Amanda Simpson, President Obama’s appointee to the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, for being transgender. His supporters, however, say he was actually doing the opposite and making fun of anti-trans sentiments. You can watch the clip above and judge for yourself. [Pink News]
- Maybe you haven’t noticed, but Meryl Streep, Oscar winner, is on a major roll career-wise, even though she’s 60. Ancient! [Telegraph U.K.]
- This Friday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will deliver a major speech on reproductive health and global population. She’s expected to reaffirm the United States’ commitment to the International Conference on Population and Development’s goals of reducing global poverty and increasing gender equality around the world. [WomenDeliver.org]
- Dana Milbank, who you may remember as the douche who joked that Clinton would have drank “Mad Bitch” beer if she had been invited to the Beer Summit, has scored another column with the Washington Post. It will appear in the Op-Ed section. This makes me want to drink a sixer of “Mad Bitch.” [Politico]
- The good news: the USO is delivering care packages specifically for female soldiers, for the first time ever! The bad news: they are filled with Maybelline mascara, two lipsticks, mineral makeup, tampons, Lady Speed Stick deodorant, a “botanical facial bar,” eye masks, and — grr — an issue of Cosmopolitan. The blatant gender stereotyping would make sense if the care packages were being put together by Cosmo, but it’s the USO. C’mon! Thumbs up on the tampons though. Sucks when you run out and the nearest drug store is in Baghdad. [Feministing]
- Chick lit author Marian Keyes posted on her blog that she is battling “crippling depression.” [MarianKeyes.com]
- “Precious” received eight NAACP Image Award nominations, including noms for all its female stars, Gabby Sidibe, Mo’Nique, Mariah Carey, and Paula Patton. Lenny Kravitz got one too! He played a super hot male nurse. [NAACP Image Awards]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.