Today’s Lady News: “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell” Heads To The Stage?
- The artistic director of a theater company has bought the rights to turn Tucker Max’s magnum opus, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, into a stage production. I hope they serve beer at any future performances, because I will need it. [Gawker]
- “The Blind Side,” starring Sandra Bullock, is the first female-driven flick to earn over $200 million at the domestic box office. [Variety]
- The city of Dallas is pioneering a program to help the city’s truck stop prostitutes, instead of jail them. Police there are now treating prostitutes like “sex crime victims” and nudging drug-addicted sex workers towards rehab, screening them for STDs and gathering info on abusive pimps. [NPR]
- A college in Massachusetts has banned clothing that obscures the face, including veils and burqas. The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Services is the alma mater of Tarek Mehann, who was charged in 2009 with plotting a terrorist attack. [Boston Globe]
- New Jersey’s State Senate will vote on gay marriage on Thursday, even thought supporters say the bill probably doesn’t have enough votes to pass. [NBC New York]
- Eunice Johnson, who thought up the name for Ebony magazine, passed away at 93. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Something’s fishy about the medical treatments for women vs. men on the UNC-Wilmington health plan. [Contexts]
- Out of work? Operation Rescue is hiring! The anti-abortion org is hiring truck drivers in Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Oklahoma to gross everyone out with pictures of bloody fetuses on the local highways. From the job description: “We are looking for responsible individuals with excellent driving records who can drive large paneled trucks featuring graphic images of aborted babies in any of these four states.” You know you want to! [Operation Rescue]
- Yesterday, the United States officially lifted its ban on visitors and immigrants infected with HIV. [Times of London]
- Over 500 condom vending machines in Mumbai, set up by AIDS activists, have been broken into and pillaged. Some machines are now being protected by security guards. [BBC]
- Malawi has denied bail to a gay male couple that was jailed after officials learned they sought to get married. Committing homosexual acts can carry up to 14 years in prison. [BBC]
- Fifty-two unmarried couples were busted by religious police in hotel rooms in Malaysia. They face charges of sexual misconduct by the country’s Islamic morality police. [BBC]
- Norma Ratcliffe, a female wine vintner in South Africa, discusses how she’s kissing ass in a male-dominated industry. We’re also in love with the title of her daughter Jennifer’s book: Spit or Swallow: A Guide for the Wine Virgin. [Toronto Globe & Mail]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.