Today’s Lady News: Mouse Poop At The Plastic Surgeon’s
- Ick, ick, ick: a plastic surgeon’s office in Connecticut had its license suspended after the discovery of egregious health violations, including MOUSE POOP on the surgery tools. Dr. Teresita Mascardo’s Plastic Surgery Center had nine violations including re-sealed one-use instruments with bodily fluids on them and an unlicensed anesthesiologist. Yet another reason to be skeezed out by plastic surgery (as if leaky boob jobs weren’t enough!). [ABC News]
- An Oklahoma judge could decide today on scary legislation that would require physicians to post details about abortions online. Doctors would be forced to post online a woman’s age, race, marital status and years of education, among other details, and opponents of the law say that info steps over the bounds of protecting women’s privacy. Explained Wanda Jo Stapleton, who brought a lawsuit against the state, “Nosy neighbors with some effort could identify or, even worse, misidentify these women who answer these questions.” [CNN]
- Washington, D.C.’s mayor signed a same-sex marriage bill this morning. D.C.’s City Council passed the bill earlier this week. Congress has final say about D.C.’s laws but they are expected to approve the bill as well. [CBS News]
- ABC News analyst Cokie Roberts held nothing back when asked about filmmaker Roman Polanski, who is currently under house arrest in Switzerland. Roberts told ABC, “Roman Polanski is a criminal. He raped and drugged and raped and sodomized a child. And then was a fugitive from justice. As far as I’m concerned, just take him out and shoot him.” Tell us what you really think, Cokie. [ABC News]
- Double X asks women what’s the difference between flirting and sexual harassment? [Double X]
- Pro-choice license plates, reading “Trust Women, Respect Choice,” are finally for sale in Virginia. Proceeds from sales of the license plates will help fund pregnancy prevention services at Planned Parenthood clinics throughout the state. [Feministing]
- Newlywed Brandon Manai, 28, was convicted yesterday of murdering his wife, Julie Rosas, 24, by throwing her off a cliff in Rancho Palos Verdes less than one month after they’d been married. According to the Deputy D.A. who handled the case, the couple married in Vegas after only knowing each other a short time and within 48 of the marriage, Rosas was talking to friends about how to seek an annulment. Manai reportedly sent his wife up to 55 text messages and showed up to her workplace unannounced. The kicker is that when Manai killed his wife, he was on probation for choking a previous girlfriend to unconsciousness. Very sad. [L.A. Times]
- Meet Sonika Kaliraman, one of India’s 200 female professional wrestlers. Alas, no profile of a female athlete in a traditionally male sport would be complete without references to how she is so graceful and looks like a model. [BBC]
- The day after Mehmet Goren was found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter, Tulay, in a so-called “honor killing” back in 1999, a Brit named Jasvinder Sanghera wrote a passionate piece for the Times of London arguing, “It is not part of anyone’s culture to be abused.” Sanghera ran away from home at 15, after her parents told her they had promised her hand in marriage to a man in India they’d never met. Tulay Goren had told police two different times that she feared her father would kill her but was ignored, while Sanghera considers herself lucky, police believe her life was in danger when she ran away. [Times of London]
Yesterday in Today’s Lady News we learned Congress has put millions into funding comprehensive sex education for students instead of abstinence-only sex ed.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.