Sure, we all get a little nostalgic when we hear “Today” and think back to those hazy grunge rock days of leaning against lockers, buying Manic Panic and rocking flannel shirts. But we’re still reeling from the news that Jessica Simpson might be dating former Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan. A source told E! News, “She has fallen hard and is smitten,” and confirmed that they are “officially dating.” [People]
What’s with the dark and mysterious man of no hair and his string of gorgeous lady friends? Here’s a look back at the many loves of Billy Corgan.
- Corgan married his on-and-off-again girlfriend, artist and museum book restorer Chris Fabian, in 1993. They were married at Corgan’s house in Wrigleyville, IL. They separated in 1995 and divorced in 1997, but Corgan famously refuses to talk about it. “There is not and will not be any public record on my marriage—that’s one thing I have to draw lines around.” So much for the dirty details. [Siva]
- Courtney Love dated Corgan before she started dating Kurt Cobain. There were rumors that they hooked up after Cobain’s death, during Lollapalooza in 1994, when Corgan was still married. They reunited in 2006 to collaborate on Courtney’s music. Corgan moved into Love’s mansion with Courtney and Frances Bean, but he reportedly had his own wing. Courtney blew up at him when he canceled on playing Frances Bean’s 16th birthday in favor of going on an anniversary tour. With that kind of history, it’s hard to imagine that there’s no more Love for Corgan.[Celebuzz]
- Around 1995, Corgan dated Yelena Yemchuk, a photographer who took pictures of the band, did album covers, toured with the band, and directed their stop-motion video “Thirty-Three.” Around 2004, they broke up due to fighting within the band. But the band’s 2000 song “Stand Inside Your Love” was written about Yelena and their breakup inspired Corgan’s solo release “The Future Embrace.” And as every girl knows, the best/worst part of dating an artist is the art that comes from the heartbreak. [All Business]
- For a little while in there, Corgan’s arm candy was mega-supermodel Helena Christensen.
- In April, Billy Corgan attended Bravo’s A-list Awards with Tila Tequila and the world cringed. They appeared to be totally into each other, holding hands and grinning like total dweebs. Fortunately, they haven’t really been seen together since, minus a kinda disturbing homemade music video they made. I’d pick Jessica Simpson over Tila any day of the week. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- From June until November, Billy was dating Los Angeles KCAL 9 hottie meteorologist Jackie Johnson. Until he apparently fell head-over-heels for Jessica Simpson and ditched the poor weather girl? [TMZ]
So, uh, when do I get my shot with Corgan?