Today’s Lady News: Method’s Sexual Harassment Soap Suds Commercial Gets Pulled
- Remember that skeevy soap commercial for Method where a woman gets cat-called in the shower by a bunch of bubbles? Well, Method allegedly pulled it offline after viewers complained, although it’s obviously still here. Anyway, this angered some advertising blogger who insists sexual harassment jokes are hilarious. Steve Hall, a blogger for AdRants, penned a post in which he said, ” … feminist blogging should be outlawed.” Banging my head against the wall. [AdRants] Strategy here? Notice the opposite sex’s outrage over something you yourself have never experienced, counter the outrage with a preposterous and attention-getting statement! Mix well and serve.
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the newest judge on the Court, got to deliver the first opinion of the new term, which happened to be her first opinion. Wonder if she was nervous? [L.A. Times]
- Will little kids read “feminist” books? The Guardian finds out. (The answer is yes.) [Guardian UK]
- New Jersey’s Senate Judiciary Committee gave the go-ahead to allow a same-sex marriage bill to head to NJ’s State Senate. NJ’s current governor, John Corzine, has pledged to sign a same-sex marriage bill, but the man who defeated him in November and will take office in January, Chris Christie, is not a supporter. Work quickly, guys! [New York Times]
- Newsweek says the Nelson-Hatch Amendment regarding abortion, which was introduced to be added to the health care reform bill, doesn’t really matter because there are not enough votes in the Senate to pass it. Hope so. [Newsweek]
- A McDonald’s manager in Orlando, FL, allegedly told a teenaged transsexual job applicant, “We do not hire faggots,” when she went in for an interview this July. Zikerria Bellamy, 17, has since filed a lawsuit with the Florida Commission on Human Relations. [Huffington Post]
- Lawyer Melodee Hanes has come under fire for being the girlfriend of Sen. Max Baucus, who nominated her to the President, along with two others, to be a U.S. attorney. We understand conflicts of interest but, gee, folks, not everyone whores their way to success. As Kate Dailey at Newsweek put it, “There seems to be the impression that Hanes is a piece of ass totally unqualified for the position, and that Baucus nominated her in lieu of shelling out for concert tickets or a tennis bracelet. The phrase “staff-member girlfriend” makes it sound like she earned her taxpayer-funded paycheck by providing back rubs and listening to Baucus talk about his day.” You tell ‘em! [Newsweek]
- Teenaged prostitutes don’t often get the intensive, long-term residential treatment that they need to get out of prostitution, experts say. [L.A. Times]
- Ericka Tazi, a Muslim woman, said a U.K. hotelier and his wife asked her if she was a terrorist and a murderer because of her hijab, a traditional Islamic headcovering. [BBC]
- Creepy old man, social networking site, 12 teen girls—you know the story by now. Colin Maddocks 57, of Canada, is facing 33 charges of sexual assault against a dozen girls ages 13 to 16. Maddocks would pretend to be the girls’ own age and offered them cigarettes, alcohol and other drugs. [Vancouver Sun]
- Uganda is still debating a bill which would punish HIV-positive gays with the death penalty and would put all other gays behind bars for life. [Yahoo]
Yesterday in Today’s Lady News, we read about police responding to a call about a woman who breastfed her baby at Target.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.