Cyber Monday: Your Click-To-Buy Gifts Cheat Sheet
I’ve never been one for long lines and cranky register people/fellow shoppers, so I never usually leave the house on Black Friday. I did get up one year for it, at 4 a.m., and went to Kohl’s—my mom wanted company and I was curious and fully committed to going back to bed ASAP after we left the store. What did I see? Mass hysteria. One guy bought about 45 blenders and was rolling them out on a flatbed push-cart. Another lady had the entire stock of black gloves in her cart and was essentially snarling at anyone who came near her (or her stash of pleather). People were yelling at the register employees. The parking lot was a road-rage mess. Frankly, I don’t care what sort of sale is going on; it ain’t worth the very un-yuletide cheer people seem to have going on. Internet holiday shopping, however, is a 100 percent different story—I am all about it. So, as you may guess, today is my day to shine. And I’m not alone. I hear analysts are projecting that 96.5 million Americans are planning to buy something from the internet today—over 10 million more people than last year.
Oh, and as a gift from us to you, we’ve got a bunch of great sales listed, after the jump. Because sitting there at work, you can get, like, half your holiday shopping done (or, OK, fine, pick up a few things for yourself). Just don’t get caught!
- Stock up on makeup gifts: Bobbi Brown is is offering 20 percent off all orders!
- For the fancy shoe-whore in your life: Barneys has a selection of Christian Louboutins reduced 40 percent. Miss booties were $1,070 and are now $649, gold Top La T-straps were $855 and now are $509, and basic red Delics are now $409 from $675.
- Still haven’t bought yourself a party dress? Check out Herve Leger—the high-end BCBG Herve line is hosting a private online sale. Most items are 50 percent off or more and there are still lots remaining. Example: A v-neck bandage dress was $1,050 and is now $525.
- All about the free gift sets? At Philosophy, if you spend $75, you get a free gift worth over $100! Free shipping on all orders too!
- For your beloved sneaker-head: Along with 25 percent off all clearance through Dec. 1, Nike is offering free shipping on all orders through Dec. 22.
- For the off-beat/cutting-edge/way cool fashionista: The NYC store Oak, which carries lines like Comme des Garçons, Kain and Complex Geometries, is offering 20 percent off clothing and shoes.
- Nothing says lovin’ like shower gel: Head on over to the Bliss site and score a full-sized super slough scrub (a $32 value) with any purchase on the Bliss site!
- For anything and everything: Amazon is offering 40 percent off selected jewelry, 30 percent off women’s boots and 20 percent off denim purchases of $100 or more.
- Shoes, shoes, shoes for all: 25 percent off everything at DSW with the code “SAVE25″ and 20 percent off Piperlime goods with free shipping!
- Got a traveling relative? Flight001 is offering 30 percent off with the code “TAKE30″.
- Still on the hunt for the perfect holiday cards? Papyrus is offering 25 percent off with the code “MONDAY9″.