Steal The Best Tips For Leather Boot Care From Hermès
During a recession, when it comes to your closet, taking care of your clothes and expensive items is of the utmost importance. Because when you buy a designer piece, you certainly want it to last as long as possible. While we all may not be lucky enough to own (or even think about affording in our wildest dreams) Hermès boots, The Telegraph just interviewed their bootmakers, and we noticed that the tips they offered for keeping Hermès investment pieces gorge could be handy for extending the life of any leather shoe, no matter what the designer. Check ‘em out after the jump! [Telegraph]
- Do not wear your boots two days in a row, as they must rest. The poor boots get tired after all. (Sweat can break down materials.)
- Keep the leather away from heat sources.
- To maintain the shape and form, be sure to use old newspapers to stuff inside the boots and then stand them upright.
- After they dry, make sure you hydrate your boots as you do your face with a boot cream and wax.
- Finally, love your boots and treat them with respect, because if you take care of them, they’ll last longer for you.