Holiday Comfort Food Reader Recipes: Crock-Pot Chili
We know, we know, the fridge is filled with leftovers this weekend. But we couldn’t resist reader Tessa’s great, easy recipe, and figured it might come in handy for feeding all the
randoms family and friends lounging around the house. Plus you could always substitute turkey for the beef for a yummy, healthier twist. The simple how-to, after the jump!You Need:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 package pre-cooked bacon
- chili powder
- Brown and drain 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Put into crock pot.
- Dice peppers and onions and add to meat in crock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Drain kidney beans and add to mix.
- Add in tomato sauce (you don’t have to use both cans, it depends on how thick you prefer your chili).
- Sprinkle in Tabasco and chili powder to taste.
- Simmer chili all day on low to medium setting.
- Serve in individual bowls, top with shredded cheese and enjoy!
Got a favorite comfort food recipe you’re willing to share? Send it to email@example.com with the subject line: Recipe. We’ll post the most mouth-watering ones so you’ll have plenty of cozy food ideas throughout the coming cold months.