Black Friday: The Rundown
It’s almost Black Friday, which isn’t a religious holiday but might as well be because of the fervent displays of passion some people go through. Black Friday, for those who need a little reminder, arrives the day after Thanksgiving when retailers officially jump into the holiday shopping business with a day or weekend devoted to crazy sales. Seriously, people get killed in stampedes of overly zealous mothers who will get their hands on that discounted Xbox, dammit.
We say don’t take any major health risks by approaching the angry mobs. Instead, try your luck online. After the jump, a roundup of Black Friday sales, some of which have already started!Starting Friday:
- Miansai: 30 percent off everything from this maker of vintage-inspired jewelry. Think silver bullet cuffs, razor blade charm necklaces (badass), and bracelets made from grosgrain ribbons.
- Lush: The maker of ethical soaps is offering up lots of freebies with your purchases—get a Snow Fairy Shower Get when you spend $50; spend $80 and you get a free pre-wrapped Snow Fairy gift set. (That takes care of someone on your list.)
- Shu Uemura: The Japanese cosmetics company gives you 20 percent off purchases of $50 or more. Use code WISH09 upon checkout.
- Gilt: The loved private sale group is offering deeper discounts on Swarovski and Malo for women, and Borrelli and Robert Marc sunglasses for guys. Get your mouses in position!
- Urban Outfitters: Up to 75 percent off womenswear and free shipping on orders over $75. Best bets: Silence & Noise dresses, Jeffrey Campbell for UO pumps, Lark & Wolff by Steven Alan blazers.
- Amazon: At least 25 percent off women’s clothing and pretty much anything else you need, from appliances to books.
- Lord & Taylor: 15 percent off sale and regular items bought online with code THANKS. Look for more discounts and special promos in the coming days.
- Threadless: The holiday sale is up and running—indie t-shirts are just $12.
- Bare Necessities: Free shipping on orders over $100, and 50 percent off pretty underthings like Betsey Johnson bras and lacy La Perla thongs.
- ThredUp.com: The clothing swap site goes green for Black Friday, offering three traded shirts for $5 (80 percent of retail price!). Use code GREENFRIDAY.