Today’s Lady News: Polanski’s Lawyer Says He’s Been Punished Enough For Drugging, Raping Teen
- Roman Polanski’s attorney said he has already been punished enough by serving 42 days in prison back in 1978. You know, after he gave drugs to and raped a 13-year-old girl? Forty-two days! Polanski is currently in jail in Switzerland and may be in prison for up to two years if he’s sent back to the U.S. for a trial. [L.A. Times]
- Lady buffaloes in California are being put on birth control because they’re screwing like bunnies. Sorry, folks, I just thought slutty buffaloes would make you giggle on a Friday afternoon. [L.A. Times]
- Today is the 11th annual Transgender Day Of Remembrance, a day to think about the men and women who’ve been murdered because of their sexuality. [Feministing]
- Canada’s federal court ordered the country’s refugee board to consider the case of Bethany Smith, a lesbian who fled the U.S. military because she is LGBT. Smith said the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy was allegedly ignored when her cohorts discovered her sexuality and she was allegedly denied a discharge because she was needed in Afghanistan. Smith then deserted the Army and fled to Canada as a refugee. [Fox News]
- Three key committees in New York City’s City Council met yesterday to discuss sexual harassment on the subways. Rush hours, from 8 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m., are the most common time women are harassed and the average age of men arrested for sexual offenses on the subway is 39. Of the 412 arrests so far this year, less than one-fifth (71) had committed prior sexual offenses and a small but significant minority (14) were registered sex offenders. [New York Times]
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi criticized the language regarding abortion in the Stupak-Pitts Amendment in the House’s version of the health care reform bill. The Senate’s version of the bill is expected to be debated after Thanksgiving. One would think, though, if Pelosi really objected to the language, she never would have gotten the House to pass it? [L.A. Times]
- Black teenage girls in post-apartheid Capetown, South Africa, say they feel like “Cinderella” at graduation-time school dances. What’s especially sad about this is that young women don’t go out in public so much due to South Africa’s horrendously high incidence of rape. [Times of London]
- Mehmet Goren, who is accused of murdering/disposing of the body of his 15-year-old daughter Tulay in an “honor killing” in 1999, told a court he believes his daughter is still alive somewhere. He thinks Tulay possibly ran away because she was pregnant. Prosecutors believe Tulay might have been murdered by her dad because he was allegedly upset her boyfriend belonged to a different branch of Islam. [BBC]
- Brian Thomas, 59, has been cleared of all charges of strangling his wife, Christine, to death during a violent nightmare called automatism. The judge told Thomas he was a “decent man and devoted husband.” [Times of London]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.