Quickies: Soccer Player Elizabeth Lambert Really Regrets Hair-Pulling … Really
- University of New Mexico soccer player Elizabeth Lambert has broken her silence about her overly aggressive form of soccer against Brigham Young University in the Mountain West Conference. “I still deeply regret it and will always regret it and will carry it through the rest of my life not to retaliate,” she said. [NY Daily News] — Yeah, well, if she were so sorry she wouldn’t have done it in the first place. This reminds me of when Mike Tyson bit Evander Holyfield’s ear.
- The Shanghai Barbie store has six floors of fun to keep an adult Barbie lover busy for 12 hours. [CNNGo] — I can’t get to Shanghai, but I will be hitting up F.A.O. Schwartz’s Barbie store in NYC soon.
- Lily Allen managed to stop herself from falling flat on her face while performing in 5-inch platforms at the Apollo in Manchester last night. [The Daily Mail] — Girl, we’ve all been there. I’m glad to hear you recovered, though.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Washington has threatened to cut its social services contracts in D.C. if a same-sex marriage bill passes. [The Root]
- The price a paparazzi photo fetches is down 31 percent because the recession has popped the celebrity media bubble. [Daily Beast] — It’s a good thing I didn’t make that career change.
- Want to know more about Sofia Vergara, besides the fact that she tells tactless rape jokes? [Maxim]
- Find the most flattering colors of clothing for your hair color. [Shine] — I’d assume any color would work on you if you’re a brunette.