9 Celebs Who Can’t Wait For “New Moon” (Plus One Who Can)
OK, most of the webiverse will want to kill me for admitting this … but I just don’t get the “Twilight” obsession. I read the first book just to see what the hullabaloo was about and thought it was thoroughly “eh.” I’m not interested in reading the others, or following K-Stew and R-Patz’s are-they-or-aren’t-they drama, or lining up for a midnight showing of “New Moon” tomorrow night. And Miley Cyrus may be the only celeb on the planet who feels the same way as I do! In a recent interview with a Cleveland radio station, Miley said of the “Twilight” films, “I’ve never seen [them] and nor will I ever. I don’t believe in it. I don’t like vampires. I don’t like the wolf that pops out of the screen when I’m watching my TV at night. I don’t want anything to do with it.” I hear ya sister! [PopEater]
That said, I know that many of you out there are Twihards. And most celebs are with you—they will be there opening night … with fangs on. After the jump, the stars who can’t wait for “New Moon.”
- Pop princess Kelly Clarkson said on her blog earlier this year, “By the way, I’m now on Eclipse of the Twilight series and so is my mom, my sister and all of my friends. You could say we’re a bit addicted and all searching for our very own personal ‘Edward’ … and yes, in the most pathetic way possible ha!”
- “It’s ridiculous,” said Rosario Dawson about the “Twilight” saga. “It’s like crack cocaine.”
- Pete Wentz was so excited for the first “Twilight” film that he admitted: “I went to Chinatown, picked up a bootleg version and watched it, like, 72 times.” I wonder how many times he’ll see “New Moon”?
- Edward Cullen is Joe Jonas’ hero. Why? “For a lot of guys, they want superpowers. He’s a vampire, but he’s pretty strong and stuff,” said Joe. Heh, muscles.
- Hilary Duff’s man, Mike Comrie, may have to watch her after she sees “New Moon.” She told him, “I was like, ‘Find me a vampire, you might be done.’”
- “Ghost Whisperer” Jennifer Love Hewitt supports all supernatural beings … or at least vampires by the name of Edward Cullen. She’s just not a big fan of aliens. “There is not a girl in the world who’s not on Team Edward!” she said. “Have you met girls who are not on Team Edward? Well, they are not girls! They’re aliens from another planet who should not be allowed to exist.” Harsh words, J.Lo. Hew.
- Ashley Tisdale is still kicking herself for not auditioning for the role of Bella. “I’ve seen the movie. I thought they did a great job,” she said. “I’m a big fan of Robert Pattinson’s.” Get in line sister.
- Which celeb has been spotted carrying around a “Twilight” water bottle with Taylor Lautner’s face on it? Kim Kardashian. We know whom she’ll be rooting for in “New Moon.”
- Ryan Reynolds is an unexpected fan of Edward Cullen. He said, “I love ‘Twilight.’ Oh my God are you kidding me? Robert Pattinson in a word: dreamy.”