Today’s Lady News: FBI Had Been Warned About Abortion Doctor Killer
- One month before late-term abortion provider Dr. George Tiller was murdered by an anti-choice extremist, the FBI in Kansas City received an anonymous letter warning them that Scott Roeder posed a physical threat to abortion providers. The FBI said they didn’t heed the letter as a credible threat, apparently because the letter writer was involved in a custody battle with Roeder. [The Wichita Eagle]
- In a heinous act of domestic violence, a man in Queens, New York City, doused his ex-girlfriend in gasoline and set her on fire in her apartment. Khenan Clarke also set a fire in the stairwell of Latisha Shaw’s apartment, trapping her and her two sons inside. Firefighters put the blaze on Shaw out, and her two sons were treated for smoke inhalation. [New York Daily News]
- America’s largest chain of gay and lesbian newspapers, including the Washington Blade, announced today it will cease printing. [AP]
- Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, issued two men a marriage license today. It’s the first time a gay couple has gotten married since a judge ruled the ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional. Since the mayor of Buenos Aires publicly stated he wouldn’t appeal the gay marriage certificate, same-sex marriage proponents say this may mean other gay couples can follow suit. [AP]
- Police in London have charged a 21-year-old man with the murder of Destiny Lauren, 29, a trans woman and alleged sex worker. [Pink News UK]—No word yet on whether Lauren was killed for being trans, but it’s not a far-fetched idea.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.