The idea of going on a blind date can seem nerve-wracking. Contrary to common misconception, blind dates can actually lead to long-term relationships. Here are ten reasons to consider going on a blind date.
- Blind dating can be convenient for those with a busy lifestyle. Many people do not even know where to begin looking for a date. Instead of spending hours speed dating, it can be a lot easier to have a blind date set up for you.
- Broaden your horizons. One of the best things about blind dating is that you will be meeting people who are not already in your life. This can be a great way to see what else is out there.
- There are many people who could set you up on a blind date. Friends, co-workers, and family members are just a few of the different people in your life who may know someone who is also looking. The possibilities of people that you may be able to meet are endless.
- Other people often know us better than we know ourselves. Your best friend may have a good idea of whom you would be well-suited with. If you are constantly dating people who are all wrong for you, it may be a good idea to let someone else set you up.
- You might actually have a lot of fun. Even if the person that you go on a blind date with isn’t the perfect match for you, this doesn’t mean that you won’t have a good time. If nothing else, you could make a new friend.
- It will encourage you to date. If you’ve recently gotten out of a long relationship or have lost confidence in yourself, a blind date can really encourage you to get back into the dating arena. Even if the date doesn’t go as you’re hoping, it will remind you that there are people out there.
- There is a possibility that you may meet your soul mate. Although this is not something that you should expect to happen, and is probably not something that will happen on the first blind date that you go on, anything is possible.
- Blind dates are often unlike what you see in the movies. It is important to remember that any date, whether it is blind or not, can turn out to be a disaster. This does not necessarily mean that yours will be.
- It is likely that you’ll get a free meal out of the blind date. The possibility of meeting your soul mate and free food? Why not? Just remember that free food should be nothing more than an added bonus. It should not be a reason to date.
- No damage will be done if things don’t work out. Since you are not going to be dating a friend or co-worker, you don’t need to worry about having to deal with an awkward situation in the future.
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should consider going on a blind date. The most important thing to remember is that in the end, you have everything to gain, but absolutely nothing to lose. Whether your date goes well or you never hear from the person again, at least you tried.