Today’s Lady News: Spain Teaches Masturbation In Sex Ed Program
- “Pleasure is in your own hands” is the new pro-masturbation slogan used by a sex ed program in the Extremadura region of Spain. The campaign has upset some Catholics in the country, despite having received funding from local youth and women’s affairs ministries. [Guardian UK]
- The federal government released a report on Tuesday which found that DNA evidence culled from “rape kits,” which are performed when a victim visits an emergency room or doctor’s office after a rape, are often never sent to crime labs. A CBS news investigation found that when raped kids are not tested for months or even years, the rapists are walking free and continuing to commit crimes. [CBS News]
- The former presidents of the National Abortion Rights Action League and Catholics For Choice have penned an op-ed in The New York Times about how the Stupack-Pitts amendment about abortion in the health care reform bill is a threat to women. [The New York Times]
- A Los Angeles woman who called police to report domestic violence was stabbed, allegedly by her abuser, while the cops who responded to the call were standing outside the apartment. Police ran into the apartment to find her being stabbed and fired shots at her attacker; later both the woman and the attacker died at the hospital. It’s unclear how the abuser got back into the woman’s apartment and the LAPD currently has the incident under investigation. [L.A. Times]
- Two New York State government employees who set up a “man cave” near their jobs, where they could go to sleep, watch TV and deal drugs while they were supposed to be working, plead guilty to charges against them. Why is this called a “man cave”? They just sound lazy to me. [New York Times]
- We’re hearing a lot about how the recession is a he-cession and hitting men the hardest, but job losses for women, especially unmarried women, are on the rise. In October, 10 percent of unmarried women over age 20 were unemployed while five and a half percent of married women over age 20 didn’t have a job. [American Progress]
- “Rapists Who Don’t Think They’re Rapists.” The title of this article says it all! [The Sexist]
- Geisy Arruda, the 20-year-old Brazilian student who was expelled from school for wearing a short, pink dress (seventh item), has been allowed back to the UNIBAN Brasil. She’s also been offered full scholarships at two other universities, if she decides she doesn’t want to get her education from those nincompoops. [Guanabee<]
- A 61-year-old British woman posed online as a 14-year-old girl and caught her straying, pedophilic 68-year-old hubby soliciting sex from a minor. When Cheryl Roberts reported her husband’s behavior to the police, they seized his computer and discovered tons of child porn on it. This story is sort of nuts. [BBC]
- Fifty Iraqi women will be joining an elite police officers’ corps for the first time ever after graduation earlier this week. One graduate of the corps said that she hoped, as a female, she would be able to have more of an impact on policing sexual abuse and rape. [Feminist Daily News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.