When I first moved to California, I had a fantasy about living in an Airstream trailer off the beach. But then I realized I had no idea how to maintain a trailer—I mean, how does one start a tank of propane? Where does my poop go? How would I cook without potentially exploding my home? I chickened out. But it turns out that Pamela Anderson really enjoys living in the trailer she’s been in while her house is renovated. You mean, despite the fact that she hasn’t mastered wearing pants, she’s figured out how to work a trailer? Maybe I should try again. [Celebitchy]
Actually, several other celebrities have gotten cozy in their double-wides. Here’s who.
- Matthew McConaughey lived out of his customized Airstream trailer in Malibu for at least four years (before upgrading to a double-wide trailer), getting up to surf in the mornings and barbecuing outside at night. He called it “the Canoe” and says he loves it because, “I’ve always loved driving. Driving is, number one, where I get some time with myself. Number two, it’s the main place I catch up on music. And number three, it’s the best way to see the country.” He even gave photographers a mini tour of the inside, which is pretty cute. [TheFind.com]
- Will Smith bought the most blinged-out, two-story trailer he could find that contains a recording studio, 20-seat lounge, baby play room, and two 42-inch TVs. Matt Damon said of the set-up, “It was amazing. I mean it’s four times bigger than my first apartment in New York. I kind of expected it to have a swimming pool and a golf range. I’m surprised they got it on wheels.” I guess you can’t say anything about trailer trash with that monstrosity. [Cinema.com]
- In 2008, Jamie Lynn Spears said that she was looking for a double-wide trailer to start a new life with her boyfriend Casey Aldridge and their baby. But they ended up buying a three-bedroom home in her hometown, Liberty, Mississippi, which is so much less fun. [Star]
- The jailed former millionaire and notorious prostitution madam, Heidi Fleiss, lives in a trailer with 20 parrots she adopted when a local pet store had to close. “I love those birds more than I’ve ever loved any man,” she said. “It’s been two years since I had sex and I don’t care if I ever do it again.” I guess now she’s a crazy bird lady? [News Of The World]
- Kate Moss‘ former flame Pete Doherty had to move into a trailer park in East London after he refused to go to rehab and Moss booted him from her flat. Apparently, after the breakup, he drew Kate a picture of her with their cat and the words “There’s no place like home” written below. Almost makes you feel bad for the guy. [Right Celebrity]
- Sean Penn lived in an aluminum trailer in Malibu after his house burned down in a 1993 fire. His neighbors once whined about the smell coming from his new home. “He does not appear to have adequate drainage. It annoys us,” a neighbor said. “And it can’t be fun living in there when it’s 100F outside.” In 2007, the trailer was burned down in another Malibu fire! Wait, I hope that doesn’t that mean Penn lived in a trailer for 14 years? [VIP Glamour]