15 Signs You’re Over Your Ex
Last week I started a discussion about how long it takes to get over an ex. Answers varied, of course, depending on lots of different factors, and some people even admitted they weren’t sure whether they’d ever get over an ex. While we may not be there now, most of us can remember a time when we wondered the very same thing. Fortunately, time really does heal most wounds and eventually the fog lifts and the day comes when you realize, suddenly, you’re gloriously, blessedly, wonderfully, finally over him! That day doesn’t come without warning, of course. There are always signs you’re moving on. After the jump, 15 ways to know you’re over an ex. 1. You haven’t read his horoscope in over a month.
2. You take the most direct route to work instead of driving the long way to check for unfamiliar cars in his driveway.
3. It was his mother’s birthday last week and you didn’t remember until this morning.
4. Your best friend suggests you delete the photo you’ve saved of him in your camera and you don’t even flinch.
5. It’s been three weeks since you “could have sworn” you saw him on the street.
6. You meet someone new at a party and when he asks if you have a boyfriend, you say “no” instead of “I did, but we broke up.”
7. You’ve stopped wondering if he’ll call.
8. You no longer think of that pretty green dress in your closet as “his favorite dress.”
9. You don’t hear from him on your birthday and you’re fine with it.
10. You’ve stopped secretly following him on Twitter.
11. You go on a date and don’t feel the urge to mention your ex once.
12. You no longer compare new guys against the pros and cons of your ex.
13. You find an old T-shirt of his hiding in a drawer and you throw it out. [Or use it as a cleaning rag. More earth-friendly than paper towels! — Editor]
14. You spend a Saturday night at home with Thai take-out and a chick flick and don’t feel the least bit sorry for yourself.
15. You don’t need a list to tell you you’re over the loser already!