Even though Angelina Jolie has a career, six kids and spends her time saving the world and stuff, she still managed to make Maddox’s birthday cake this year, using Sandra Lee’s recipe from Semi-Homemade Cooking, which apparently consisted of buying a white sheet cake, putting a round white cake on top, surrounding it by cupcakes, and then decorating the lot of it. Now I feel like a total jerk for buying a Baskin Robbin’s cake with my face on it for all my friend’s birthdays. Oh wait, no I don’t—those were totally delicious. [People]
Angie might have kept it down-to-earth for her son’s big day, but most stars tend to get a little more extravagant.
- Geri Halliwell went all out for her daughter Bluebell’s second birthday party, renting out a 16th century mansion, ginormous stuffed animals, white bunnies, and white horse chess pieces. Bluebell dressed up like a fairy princess. Geri got way emo and said, “She’s my little fairy. It’s like a magic wand was waved when she came into my life.” [BabyRazzi]
- Even though Tori Spelling totally bailed on her son Liam Aaron’s real birthday because she had a fever, she made up for it a week later with a “Cars” themed party. This included getting a car-shaped cake, toys from the movie, and a performance by the creepily-always-excited music group, the Jumpitz. Of course they also put an inflatable ball pit in the living room, a petting zoo in the backyard and guests left with Silver Spoon gift bags. I don’t care how much kids like them, children’s performers creep me out with all that grinning and waving. [Celebrity Baby Blog]
- Cruz Beckham spent his third birthday at the Hard Rock Cafe in Washington D.C. with momma Victoria Beckham, which sounds like a kinda crappy time, but apparently he went to Burger King the year before, so maybe he just likes mediocre food? This doesn’t really fit that whole Posh persona. Also in attendance were Baby Spice and Ginger Spice with their little spice kids. [PopSugar]
- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony celebrated twins Maximilian and Emme’s first birthday by erecting a moon bounce, inviting a clown, and serving sno cones and cake which Jenny from the block let the kids go nuts on. “I let them put their hands in the cake. They were eating it and smushing it in their mouths,” she said. Aww cute. [Celebrity Baby Blog]
- Gwyneth Paltrow‘s son Moses had a superhero-themed third birthday this year at their house. Moses dressed up like Batman and the yard was randomly decorated with balloons shaped like dogs, cows, horses, pigs, and zebras. Way to be consistent with your theme, Goopy. Gwyn also rented a horse to give rides and two lifeguards just in case the A-list kiddies in attendance wanted to go swimming. Some of the guests included Liv Tyler, Ben Affleck (whose daughter Violet is in Moses’ class), Jon Favreau, Steven Spielberg, and their families. [Yahoo]
- Nicole Richie and Christina Aguilera had a joint birthday party for their kids, Harlow and Max. It was Where the Wild Things Are themed and attended by giant costumed creatures. The trees in Aguilera’s backyard were full of blue, green, and pink balloons and the bash was catered by Along Came Mary, who made mini peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Why does everyone in Hollywood know each other? [People]