We’ve already showed you how fashion bloggers make insane Halloween costumes from clothes they already own, but we realize that not everyone has a wardrobe that can go from George Washington to Frida Kahlo in five minutes flat. Luckily, there are a few costumes that literally anyone can pull off without buying a thing. Don’t do Halloween on the cheap; do it on the free! A few ideas, after the jump.
- Got a trench coat? You’re a flasher now. This one’s great because it’s an interactive costume: open and close, open and close. And don’t even think about wearing underwear — that’s cheating!
- Throw on a striped t shirt, a beret and bum a cigarette; voila, you’re French.
- If you own a flannel shirt and jeans, do it up lumberjack-style.
- Steal your mom’s ultra-[un]flattering jeans, throw on a sweatshirt and wear a little too much pink lipstick/blush for the ideal suburban soccer mom look.
- Wear all black with a scarf covering your head/mouth and you’re a ninja. Bonus points for anyone who already owns nunchucks and incorporates them into the costume.
- Put on your coolest outfit. Then accessorize with a camera and laptop, and spend the night dressed as a fashion blogger.