In kinda the sweetest gesture ever, in a backwards sort of way, Matt Damon reportedly brought a posse to the New York Hustler Club, including his wife, Luciana Bozán Barroso. Instead of getting a lap dance from an actual stripper, Matt was perfectly content getting down with the mother of his children. A witness said, “He bought dances for his friends. His wife was dancing for him. The club normally doesn’t allow civilians to dance, but they made an exception for him.” [NY Post]
Since for some reason, men are obligated to go to strip clubs to assert their manly virility, it’s nice to hear that there are men out there who realize their wives are sexual beings and find them more compelling than random women in g-strings. These other celebrities weren’t so charming on their strip club jaunts.
- David (1) and Victoria Beckham (2) spent some some time in Vegas in September and visited the Spearmint Rhino for three hours in a private room. Posh Spice’s rep confirmed the story saying, they “did go to a strip club with a group of friends to celebrate one of the friend’s birthday.” [iVillage] — They probably have a pretty enviable sex life, but what could they possibly be doing in a private room for three hours!? I’ve had relationships that were shorter than that.
- In April, Samantha Ronson (3), Pamela Anderson (4), and Shannen Doherty (5) “accidentally” agreed to go to the opening of Sapphire Club in New York, not realizing it was a strip club. All three ladies were peaved when they realized the club was of the gentleman variety. Samantha Ronson bitched about having to DJ on Twitter, Shannon bailed after 45 minutes saying, “I had no idea it was a strip club! They told me it was a restaurant or club, so I was kind of in shock,” and Pam asked to be left alone. [Insider] — I’m really surprised that a fight didn’t break out. These are three ladies I wouldn’t want to piss off.
- After his breakup with Kate Hudson (6), Owen Wilson (7) got on his bike and went to Scores strip club. Did I mention he was on a bike? According to the New York Post, “Wilson parked his two-wheeler at the mammary mecca’s check room and then sat down to enjoy the topless talent.” Then Wilson asked to leave his bike there to meet friends and bring them back to Scores. [Celebrity Gossip] — I’m not sure why the bike is such a big deal, but I guess it’s just funny to imagine him pedaling his little heart out, in search of boobies.
- Lindsay Lohan (8) and Kate Moss (9) gave strip club patrons a show at Scores in 2006, arriving at 2:45 a.m. They downed some beer and shots while strippers gave them lap dances. Then Kate and Lindsay apparently went on stage. A witness said, “They were swinging on the pole with their arms around each other’s waists, kissing each other, caressing each other, just acting like strippers. The crowd was cheering them on the whole time. They didn’t take off any clothes, but it was very hot.” [The Superficial] — Maybe Lindsay should get the guest stripping gig at Scores, they pay pretty well and she’s already doing it for free.
- In 2006, Scarlett Johansson (10) spent her 21st birthday at a strip club because her twin brother Hunter wanted to go. She told David Letterman that it was awkward when someone got her a lap dance. “I never know what to say and I sort of say things like, ‘Are you in school?’ or ‘Is Candy your real name?” she said. “She was so thin that her pelvic or hip bone or some kind of bone bruised me. It was horrible. What I mean to say is that she was being all sexy and there’s areas that just bruise easily.” [Just Jared] — Aw, I kinda forgot that ScarJo is funny!