The Friday Roundup: It Happened This Week On The Frisky
All kinds of Twitter-related DRAMA this week!
First, Miley Cyrus abruptly quit Twitter and then rapped about it.
Then John McCain’s daughter, Meghan McCain, posted a pic of her ginormous boobs on Twitter. And then freaked out and threatened to quit Twitter when people gave her crap about it. But she didn’t quit, so … hooray?
But then the DRAMA shifted from Twitter to our TV screens, where we briefly fretted six-year-old Falcon Heene was floating through the air in a helium-filled flying saucer. Turns out he was just hiding in the attic. Then he went on Meredith Viera’s show and puked.
Alas, there aren’t any Republican boobs or barfing six-year-olds after the jump…but there are all the fab blog posts you might have missed this week on The Frisky!
- We watched a dude undergo simulated childbirth to see if he could withstand the pain!
- We examined celebs with unusual child-rearing tactics.
- We got annoyed at seven famous whiners who complain they can’t get a date!
- We pondered rumors that George Clooney allegedly had surgery to remove the bags under his eyes.
- We weren’t pleased that Tyra Banks, who is usually a big proponent of healthy body image, is flaunting how she lost 30 lbs.
- We were not surprised at all that the Kardashian sisters got a design gig for bebe.
- We threw up in our mouths a little at this awful Burger King commercial that makes fun of Jessica Simpson’s weight gain.
- We watched mad drama unfold on the blog Double X when their craptastic advice columnist said a woman was asking too much for her friends to meet her at a hospital, and then drive her home, after she was roofied at a club.
- We had to tell someone, “No, I’m not pregnant, that’s just a muffin top.”
- We were bummed to find out 70,000 die from unsafe abortions each year worldwide.
- We asked why men are reluctant to date a woman with a disability.
- We explored the ticking biological clock of 30-something women. Tick, tock, tick, tock…
- We debated whether women in the military should be allowed to serve on submarines with men. (I say yes.
- We took John DeVore’s word for it that meeting a chick’s dad is trés awks for all parties involved.
- We chatted about feminists getting married, like blogger Jessica Valenti of Feministing!
- We were horrified by 24-year-old twin sisters Kristy and Katie Barry in NYC and their kooky pursuit to get hired for a job.
- …and last but not least, we spent all Friday afternoon watching video of a rottweiler and a beagle and a fake Kim Zolchiak casting female vocalists for “Tardy For The Party.”