Today’s Lady News: The End Of Heinous Menstrual Cramps?
- Doctors are working on a new drug for women who suffer painful menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea. The drug is named VA111913, manufactured by a British company, and it’s being tested on 128 women who say awful cramps interfere with their daily lives. [NY Daily News]
- A woman who was raped 24 years ago, before the advent of DNA testing, is fighting a backlog on “rape kits,” in which DNA information is collected to identify the attacker. Lavinia Masters’ rape kit was finally opened in 2005, two full decades after her assault occurred, and the DNA in it matched up with a man who was already serving time in prison for other rapes. [CNN]
- An Arizona mother of three will give birth to her fourth child 300 miles away at a hospital in Phoenix. Why? The closest hospital to her home refuses to assist with a vaginal birth after a woman has had a C-section (called a VBAC). [CNN]
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, one of two female Justices, was hospitalized overnight allegedly due to an adverse reaction to medication. According to a a statement, 76-year-old Ginsberg combined a “sleeping aid” with cold medicine and fell out of her seat on an airplane before takeoff. [CNN]—I love you, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, but you’re a freaking Supreme Court Justice! You should know not to mix a “sleeping aid” with Tylenol PM. That’s just bad news.
- Secretary Of State Hillary Clinton has a 62 percent approval rating, higher than the president’s 56 percent approval rating. Heh, who’s “likeable enough” now, Barack? [Fox News]
- A politician in Uganda is making “aggravated homosexuality” punishable by death for anyone who has gay sex with a person who is under the age of 18 or disabled, or if the accuser is infected with HIV. Did we mention homosexuality is already illegal in Uganda? [BBC]
- Barbara Ehrenreich, author of Nickel and Dimed, has some choice words for a recent study which suggested feminism could be to blame after a study showed white women have been slightly less happy with their lives since 1972. [L.A. Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.