Tabloid Cheat Sheet: Khloe’s Marriage Already Over? Jon Has His Eye On Kate’s Bestie?
It’s Wednesday again, and if you were lucky enough to get Columbus Day off, you probably didn’t even notice that the week is half over. Thankfully, we’re here to remind you that the best ‘bloids hit the newsstands today. Heaven forbid you actually pay for them, so we scooped them up in the wee hours of the morning, read them cover to glossy cover and picked out the most amazing, totally true (yeah, right) tidbits for you.
- Continuing with the Letterman affair theme, People details Robert “Joe” Halderman’s point of view. Supposedly, the CBS news producer found a diary belonging to Birkitt, his girlfriend of four years, which proved that she hadn’t ended the affair like she’d promised. Thus, he began his extortion plot. Unlike The Enquirer, People says the affair ended well before Letterman got hitched this year. One sidebar shows pictures of Birkitt and Regina both in their 20s—in plaid shirts, with shoulder-length brown hair. I’ve gotta say, they look creepily similar, but Regina’s dimples totally win.
- The Duggars, from the TLC reality show “18 Kids and Counting,” welcomed their first grandchild last week, a girl named Mackynzie Renee. The proud grandparents, Jim Bob and Michelle, are expecting another baby in the spring even though they just had one nine months ago. They’re also running out of names starting with “J.” Josh and Anna, the parents of the newborn grandchild, said they will “welcome as many children as God will give us.” Good luck competing with momma Michelle’s babymaker, though. Poor Mackynzie is going to be older than her own aunt come spring! [People]
- Star claims that Lindsay Lohan has hit rock bottom, after a breakdown in Paris over her failed Emanuel Ungaro line. The reviews allegedly spurred a drinking binge that led to Lindsay openly crying and passing out at a Paris club. An insider says, “She’s an obituary waiting to happen.” The actress allegedly lives on vodka, pills, cocaine, soda and candy, sometimes grabbing handfuls of pills from her purse without knowing which ones she’s taking. Her parents are probably the most useless supervisors in the world: Dina is supposedly obsessed with getting on “Dancing With the Stars” and Michael recently told Radar that he would get her off the pills, though he has almost no contact with his daughter.
- As if Jon and Kate Gosselin didn’t have enough drama already, now Star says that Jon might be flirting with Kate’s best friend, Jamie Cole Ayers, who rushed to Kate’s rescue when the marriage began to fall apart. A source says, “Jon and Jamie have been sending sexy texts to each other.” They also allegedly spent time together in January while Kate was away, and while sparks were flying, the kids got in the way of any potential cheating.
- Remember when Khloe Kardashian married Lamar Odom two weeks ago? Well, according to Star, their marriage is already on the rocks. Last week Star claimed that Lamar is cheating, returning home late after flirting with women at Los Angeles clubs and posing with “adoring female fans” after his games. Apparently, the couple also recently got in a fight when Khloe asked for a back massage and Lamar said she should give him one after his hard game. The tiff ended in the couple sleeping in different rooms. Well, two weeks is longer than some celebrity marriages! [Star]