Just when my longtime dream of attending a Backstreet Boys concert was about to finally come true, the reviled swine flu had to come and ruin everything. Poor BBoy Brian Litrell (he’s the dragony looking one, second from the right) can show you the meaning of being lonely—from his quarantine room, he is lamenting the cancellation of all the band’s New York City tour dates after being diagnosed with the dreaded flu. Brian, the New York fans are just as devastated as you are. As a precautionary measure, the other three members of the group—Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean—and the entire touring crew have been prescribed Tamiflu to prevent the spread of the virus. Here’s to a quick recovery, Brian. We can’t wait to hear your new album (dropping today by the way!), This is Us. Yes, it is! [Popeater]
After the jump, other celebs who’ve survived the swine flu, from Marilyn Manson to Rachel Maddow.
- What’s the worst thing about swine flu? There is no magic cure. Just ask Rupert Grint of “Harry Potter” who had to take a few days off of filming this summer to kick some H1N1 butt. [People]
- Laughter is great medicine … especially for swine flu. After being diagnosed with the virus, Marilyn Manson posted this bit o’ wit on his blog, “So I have officially been diagnosed, by a real doctor, with THE SWINE FLU, I know everyone will suggest that f**king a pig is how this disease was obtained. However, the doctor said my past choices in women have in no way contributed to me acquiring this mysterious sickness. Unfortunately, I am going to survive.” Isn’t he charming? [Pop Crunch]
- MSNBC Host Rachel Maddow divulged her dirty, swine flu secret to Jimmy Fallon on his show. I bet Jimmy Fallon ran off stage to grab some hand sanitizer. [Mediaite]
- Dennis Hopper had to cancel some promotional appearances for his new show “Crash” when he was hospitalized with swine flu. Ironically, he was headed to “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.” Freaking breeding ground! [Celebrifi]
- Lisa Rinna’s an old pro when it comes to swine flu. She believes that everyone in her house had the virus but her. Hey, maybe that means lots of silicone in your body creates a natural immunity? [The Hollywood Gossip]