6 Cases Of Hollywood Baby Daddy Drama
Jude Law isn’t buying silver rattles for Samantha Burke’s baby just yet. The unknown model/actress says that the babe is his, but rumor has it Jude doesn’t want to meet the child until he’s seen the results of a paternity test and knows it’s his. Also, maybe he wants to feel like he’s on an episode of “The Jerry Springer Show”? According to a source, “If [Jude] is the father he will meet his obligations to the child. He’s hoping for an early chance to establish that he is genuinely her dad.” The father of three allegedly paid for Burke’s antenatal care as a kind gesture—not as admittance to fatherhood. [Holy Moly]
But Jude’s not the only one in Hollywood questioning his fatherdom. Here’s a look at five other cases.
- Keanu Reeves recently agreed to take a paternity test to clear his name after a Canadian woman claimed he fathered her four kids … who are all adults now. She asked Reeves to take a DNA test and has asked for $150,000 a month in child support, retroactive from 1988, as well as $3 million per month in spousal support. Reeves claims he has no idea who this woman is. [Worst Previews]
- Eddie Murphy refused to take a paternity test for months and didn’t contact Melanie Brown after she birthed her baby, Angel, in April. In June, the results came back positive, which wasn’t at all a surprise for Brown, or anyone else for that matter. Poor Scary Spice. First she gets the crappy nickname and then the crappy dude treatment! [People]
- Mel Gibson allegedly asked his preggers girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, to get a DNA test when the baby is born. Apparently, his previous offspring encouraged the decision—probably since they’ll be divvying up his fortune. An insider said, “Mel really loves Oksana, but he’s a businessman, too. He really had no choice but to ask for a DNA test. Some of Mel’s closest friends in his church convinced him that it’s the practical thing to do. There’s just too much at stake.” [PopCrunch]
- As if little Jamie Lynn Spears didn’t have enough worries when she became a pregnant 16-year-old, her 19-year-old boyfriend also requested a paternity test since their relationship was kind of on the rocks when the news came out. Apparently, Casey told the family that he didn’t want to be with Jamie Lynn until he was sure he was the baby daddy. [Celebridiot]
- In an interesting turn in paternity test taking, “X Files” star Gillian Anderson’s estranged husband Julian Ozanne asked for a paternity test in 2006 after she announced she was having a baby with her boyfriend Mark Griffiths, just three months after their breakup. Anderson gave birth to her second son with Griffiths last year so apparently he’s the real dad! Wait, a guy who wanted to be a daddy? C’est impossible! [Female First]