When I hear stories about people who wake up at 5 a.m. to “put their face on,” I kind of feel like vomiting. (And if I weren’t too busy sleeping in, I would.) Honestly, it should never take more than about five minutes to put on totally passable makeup for the day. And if you pass the 20-minute mark, you’ve got way too much junk on your face. Here’s all you need to look good without waking up at the ass crack of dawn.
- Sleep in.
- Wash your face with a light exfoliator and apply oil-free lotion.
- Grab some concealer and dab under your eyes and over any problem (read “pimple”) spots. Because you’ve just put cream on, this should be really easy to blend in.
- Give your concealer/cream combo a second to dry and then apply a very light powder or powder foundation to keep the shine away. (Unless you’ve got serious skin issues, you don’t need to be wearing thick cream foundation during the day. Ever.)
- Sweep a little blush on those cheeks.
- Soft crayon eyeliner in charcoal gray or fawn brown is a good bet for daytime. Apply over your lash line and blend with your finger.
- Swipe on some mascara.
- Gloss those lips.
- Leave your house.