7 Famous (And Kinda Famous) Swag Hounds
Jon Gosselin‘s girlfriend (for now), Hailey Glassman, has supposedly enlisted a crew of friends to call companies and ask for free clothes, jewelry, and even a pricey detox diet. The 23-year-old is using her “role” on “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ to get freebies, an insider claims. Unfortunately for Hailey, most companies aren’t biting. One went as far to say, “We don’t want to be a part of the drama and most companies have no desire to align themselves with Jon and Hailey. Companies that give gifts to celebrities want positive people attached to their products.” But hey, a girl’s gotta try. [Fox News]
The whole concept of swag is pretty infuriating. Why give free stuff to the people who can totally afford it? But I don’t begrudge famous folks for working the system. After the jump, the most notorious swag hoarders!
- “90210” star AnnaLynne McCord reportedly took advantage of the Emmy Awards gift suites, winning Popeater’s “True Gifting Pro” award for collecting the prizes and working her stuff for the cameras. She made her way through every stand with her sisters in tow. “This is work for me,” she said. [PopEater]
- At the Golden Globes, “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens supposedly collected four massively full bags of swag, for an estimated $12,000 worth of gear including a one-year pass for two at AMC Theaters, a year-long gym membership, a Blackberry Pearl, a coffee machine, and a diamond pendant worth $4K. During the free spree, she talked about how psyched she was about the “huge house” she’d just bought. Maybe she just needed stuff to fill it? [NY Daily News]
- At the Emmys this weekend, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher didn’t bother showing up at the gift area themselves, but sent an assistant to collect what was called a “small truckload of goodies.” Oh, to be famous enough that you can send people in your name to collect your bounty! [PopEater]
- At the Sundance Film Festival, Paris Hilton allegedly wandered out with 30 bags of freebies from Whiting & Davis, who make metal mesh accessories. Even the PR peeps were shocked, saying she did it “without shame.” [Reuters]
- Oh Ramona. The “Real Housewives of New York City” token crazy, Ramona Singer, stopped by a gift suite at the Ritz-Carlton and reportedly demanded four pairs of Luxxotica sunglasses and over $6K of Lia Sophia jewelry. When she was denied, she yelled, “Well, do you want press or not?” [Gawker]