Star Couplings: Zooey Deschanel Got Married
- Zooey Deschanel married Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie on Saturday night near Seattle. [Dlisted] — Our invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.
- Khloe Kardashian plans to wed beau Lamar Odom within the next two weeks, so they can have time for a honeymoon before basketball season starts. [Us Weekly] — Or they could wait until after the season and see if they can last longer than a month.
- Chris Rock is rumored to be cheating with Kerry Washington, and his wife wouldn’t let him take a part in David Mamet’s “Race” because Kerry is in it. [NY Daily News] — They had a lot of chemistry in “I Think I Love My Wife,” but I don’t see Kerry as the home-wrecker type.
- An insider reports that Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff of “Dancing with the Stars” had a heated argument before and after their Emmy Awards performance last night. [E! Online]
- John Krasinki opened up about his engagement to Emily Blunt on the red carpet at the Emmys. “She’s a wonderful girl. Someone had to do it. … it was a tough gig, but somebody had to do it,” he joked. “So many people are angry at me.” [Us Weekly via Just Jared] — Those two should have a lot of laughs together if they last.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon proved their undying love for each other by making out on “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” [The Young, Black & Famous] — I never expected their marriage to last this long.