Today’s Lady News: Coming Soon, Nights With Diane Sawyer (Instead Of Mornings)
- Diane Sawyer will be replacing Charlie Gibson as anchor of ABC’s “World News” when Gibson retires at the end of the year. Sawyer, who currently anchors “Good Morning America,” (admittedly, a fluffy morning news show) will be the second woman, after Katie Couric, to anchor a prime-time TV news program by herself. [NY Daily News]
- The Miss Universe beauty pageant may be fixed! A choreographer for Miss Universe alleged that Donald Trump picks out the six of the 15 finalists so he can personally assure the prettiest ones are included. [Fox News]
- Teenaged girls in the U.K. are the sub-group most likely to drink too much, a new study has found. Fifty percent of 15-year-old British girls have been drunk, according to a report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation. One in five 13-year-old British girls has been drunk at least twice, which is four times higher than in the U.S. [BBC]—We know that Europe has looser drinking regulations than the U.S. does, but 13 is way too young to be getting wasted.
- The man who stood near a busy Virginia intersection <wearing a sign saying he was a cheating husband was a hoax! A show on Washington, D.C.’s Hot 99.5 radio station said it was a stunt to see how much press they could generate about something stupid with more serious stories going on in the world. The hoax-ster gave b.s. interviews to news outlets and everything. [Fox News]—We knew this was too good to be true. But it’s still a good, legal way to punish a cheater.
- Kathryn Joyce, a writer for The Nation, called out “crisis pregnancy centers,” which are facilities set up by anti-abortion groups for pregnant women, generally to discourage the woman from having an abortion. The Nation spoke with women who’ve said they were mistreated and judged by these crisis pregnancy centers. Their opinion is they were used so the centers could put their baby up for adoption. [The Nation]
- A man convicted of killing his wife, who served two years in prison, is being allowed to study to be a London cab driver. Strangely, he was first denied to study at the cab school. But after he provided medical reports, which say he is a paranoid schizophrenic, he was allowed to begin his cabbie studies. [Sky News]—Possibly allowing a man who killed his wife to drive women around in cabs? Who thought this was a good idea?
- The winners of this year’s Rona Jaffe Foundation Writers’ Awards for women writers were announced today and each recipient wins a $25,000 prize. [AP]—That reminds us, if you love “Mad Men,” you totally want to read Jaffe’s novel, The Best Of Everything, which is set in the same time period and almost the same setting.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.